Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Good deed of the Day

HH
As you might know, I barely leave my little Nanach enclave ever, today however I decided to venture out to the supermarket. It was already getting dark. On the way I saw this guy lying on the ground on the curb, I almost continued but I managed to call out to him if all was ok. No answer, so I walked over. This guy had broken his cane and fell, almost no teeth, twisted feet, and reeked like the garbage bin, some of his purse contents had also spilled out. He couldn't speak, only mutter a bit once in a very long time. Anyway I figured that this is why I had came out tonight, and I gave him all my attention, telling him to take his time, no rush, just to everything the best way possible. And so I helped him gather his stuff and make his way to his apartment some 3-4 stories up. Even though I am usually particular not to touch anyone, here I obviously had no choice but to assist him and support him. Later when I got to the supermarket I scrubbed my hands with soap but the stench remained, now I applied bleach which is causing a different unpleasant smell blended with the soap.... oy vay. In any event when we got up to his apartment he couldn't find the key, I also tried going through his purse but couldn't find it. So I went all the way back to the scene of his fall, and search and searched with no luck. So I went back up, and there he was, he had found the key, so I helped him open the door and turn on the lights (he managed to say "chashmal" - electricity), got his ok that he was alright, and departed.

Na Nach Nachma Nachman MayUman!


No comments: