Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Friday, October 6, 2017

To play on Shabbos or not to play

HH there are music discs out there which have printed on them: Please don't play this disc on Shabbos.
So years ago I was mocking them, because on the contrary, if someone is going to violate and transgress the holy Shabbos or Yom Tov, at the very least let them listen to something holy which will help them get back in there.
Then I met a guy who told me that he had been secular it went off the derech and he got a disc he liked which had the aforementioned warning on it, and he decided that the only mitzva he was going to observe and respect was this one, not to play this disc on Shabbos. This was his only point of observance! Eventually he says he was able to spring from their to complete obersvance.
This was a little smack in my face, telling me not to mock anything holy, but even still I am still inclined to retain my original position, that if someone is failing GF in his/her observance it is still better for them to be accessing the holy instead of cutting it off completely, but obviously there are cases where the opposite is true.
Na Nach Nachma Nachman Meuman



No comments: