Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Friday, February 24, 2023

COMING HOME ON YOM KIPPUR

Just a quick thought.

As I wrote already, in Torah 10 Rabbeinu discusses different stages of acquiring some knowledge or ability: a mountain, a field, and a home. In my last post I related this to the period we are in now: in Iyar we're begin climbing a mountain, on Purim we reach the stage of a field, and during the Pesach Seder we finally find ourselves truly at home.

Today it occurred to me that this paradigm could also be applied to a different time period. The word "בית" ("a home") is an acronym of "ב י' תשרי" - "on the tenth of Tishrei", which, of course, is Yom Kippur. This means that Yom Kippur, just like the Pesach Seder, can signify the conclusion of this process of attaining, acquiring, or becoming. But when does this second process start? This I have yet to find out. Stay tuned.



No comments: