Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Friday, December 29, 2017

Growing Younger with Netiv Aryeh

HH

Tiberius is very quiet especially at night. About 4:30 in the morning on my way to the Mikvah I saw that a bus as boys had arrived at the holy tomb of the Ramchal, one of the boys even asked me where the mikva was, they had been tipped off. As I was taking my premikva shower I heard someone into the Mikvah and they stuck out my head from behind the shower curtain to laugh at him as I am wont to do especially in the Mikvah, the visiting boy, without mentioning names, was very preoccupied checking out the Mikvah and the sudden interruption of my laughing countenance gave him the shock of his life, and he made a sharp exclamation of something that did not sound even remotely close to NaNach! and ran for his life.

Afterwards I spent time with the boys. One of them asked me where I grew up, to which I replied that Nanach do not grow up, and I proceeded to tell him about Rabbainu's prohibition against being old, and the need to grow younger the older one gets as is explained in the awesome story of ancient times of the seven beggars, specifically the first one, the blind beggar. The boy asked me how in the world this can possibly be done, to get younger as one gets older. So I proceeded to explain to him that the longer one grows his beard the closer it reaches the ground (where infancy and childhood begins). The boy was doing his best to digest this but looked kind of incredulous. And there was some suspense in the air, and I added or something, and we all burst into laughter. BH.

BH there is definitely hope for these boys if they say Na Nach Nachma Nachman Meuman.



No comments: