Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Prayer for Hisbodidus - Likutay Tifeeloas - Collection of Prayers 2:11


HH

Likutay Tefilos 2:11

Collection of Prayers 2:11


“Come my Love let us go out to the field, we will lodge in the villages[1]. We will rise early to (go to) the vineyards, we will see if the vines flowered, (if) the blossoms opened, (if) the pomegranates bloomed, there I will give my love to You (Song of Songs 7:12-13).” Master of the Universe, merit me to abound in hisbodidus always, and I should merit to be in the habit of going out every day to the field, between the trees and the grasses and all the seyach (-vegetation; also means: words, conversation) of the field, and there I shall merit to do hisbodidus and to abound in seechu (-words, conversation) which is prayer (Talmud Brachos 20b and elsewhere), between me and my Maker, to converse there all that is with my heart, and all the seyach (-vegetation; also means: words, conversation) of the field, and all the grasses, and the trees, and all the plants, all of them will be aroused to my calling/recital, and they will rise and give their strength and their life into the words of my conversing and my prayer, to the effect that my prayer and conversing will be complete with the apex of perfection through all the seyach (-vegetation, words) of the field, which will all be included with all their strength, and their vitality, and their spirituality to their supernal roots, all of them will be included in my prayer, and through this I will merit to open my heart and to abound in prayer, and entreaties, and in holy conversing before You, abundantly Merciful One, and before You I will pour out all my words (-all that is on my mind), until I merit to pour out my heart like water directly before Your countenance Hashem (-based on Lamentations 2:19), and I will raise/outstretch my palms to You, over my soul and the soul of my infants and children.

Ahuh (-exclamation of woe) Hashem, help help, ahuh Hashem, there is almost no hope Heaven forbid, see “that the hand (of the enemy) intensifies[2] and my strength[3]” is null, just from a distance and from the dust I croak my words to You. Have compassion on someone as myself guilty thousands and myriads of times until today, have compassion on someone alienated as myself, have compassion on someone unworthy of compassion as myself, have compassion on me, have compassion on me, have compassion on me, have compassion on me, have compassion on me, have compassion on me, be gracious to me Hashem with complete gratuitous benevolence/gifting, be gracious to me, be gracious to me, redeem me, redeem me, save me from sins, and iniquities, and (willful) transgressions, save me from the judgment of Hell, save me from the harsh and bitter punishments that I am deserving Heaven forbid according to Your true ordinances, save me from the sword of the Angel of Death, and from cheeboot (-pummeling of) hakever (-the grave, torment exacted on the corpse primarily for indulgence in sensual desires), and from the judgment of Hell, save me from the disgraces, and the embarrassments, and the degradations, so that I will not be embarrassed, and will not be mortified, and will not blunder forever, not in this world and not in the next world. Return me in complete repentance before You. Fix it that I shall go in Your statutes and keep/guard Your laws. “Guard my soul and save me, I shall not be ashamed because I took refuge in/by You (Psalms 25:20).” Perform Your kindnesses wondrously, reveal new kindnesses which are hiddenly cached by You to draw close and to have mercy someone unworthy of mercy such as myself, for Your sake, and for the sake of our forefathers and our sages the true tzadikim, whose holiness is worthy to protect me as well. Save [me], my master the king, “I stretched out my palms to You (Psalms 88:10),” “To You I lifted my eyes, He Who sits/dwells in the Heavens (Psalms 123:1),” “I spread out my hands all day (Isaiah 65:2, similar to the beginning of the coming passage),” “My soul is like the earth, languishing for You, Selah/forever (Psalms 143:6).” Merit me that I should always be as You desire, “My eyes are lifted[4] to the Heavens, Hashem I being extorted, relieve me (alt: be my surety) (Isaiah 38:14),” “Mollify Your servant beneficently (alt: Guarantee Your servants well being), (so that) the evildoers shall not extort me (Psalms 119:122).” “My eyes pine for Your salvation and for Your righteous/vindicating words (Psalms 119:123).” “Until Hashem looks down and observes from Heaven (Lamentations 3:50).” Perhaps He will have pity, perhaps He will have mercy. "And I will always hope and (after the hope pays off) I will add upon all Your praises (Psalms 71:14).” “For Hashem will not reject/forsake forever (Lamentations 3:31).” “It is good to wait silently for the salvation of Hashem (Lamentations 3:26).” “For our souls are bowed/lowered to the dust, our bellies stuck to the earth. Arise to our succor, and redeem us for the sake of Your kindness (Psalms 44:26-27),” amen and amen.

Na Nach Nachma Nachman MayUman!



[1] This is the most simple translation and the consensus of the super commentaries, however I did see this word rendered in a more intimate way, as “henna shrubs” which is also a valid interpretation, see e.g. the commentary of the Rambam on the Mishna in Paya 1:4.
[2] This is how Rashi renders the verse, alternatively it is interpreted as: “that the (strength of my/our) hand has dwindled.”
[3] Deuteronomy 32:36.
[4] This is the accepted interpretation of the root word: dal, however I did see this translated as worn out, playing on another meaning of dal – poor.



No comments: