Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Monday, January 2, 2023

DESIRE MEANS CLOSENESS

Today I came upon the following sentence in "Likutei Tefilos" on Torah 21: "I know that at present I'm so far from this that I can't even ask You and plead with You to help me."

This reminded me of a very reassuring idea: if I can  pray about something spiritual, if I can want it, then I'm already close to it, even if now it seems almost unattainable. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with physical things: my imagination can trick me and make me desire a lot of things that really have nothing to do with me. But in spirituality, if I want something and ask Hashem regularly about it, then I'm already half-way there.



1 comment:

Hilda said...

Thank you. Very nice and true to life