Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Friday, January 27, 2023

FROM KESER TO MALCHUS AND BEYOND

About two years ago, I was first fascinated with the idea that we are supposed to go from level to level every week, traversing all the ten sefiros of our current level from the bottom up, from Malchus to Keser. Thus every Shabbos we should find ourselves in the lowest sefirah of the new level, which is Malchus, and start ascending from there.

I'm not sure if this is an exact correspondence since there are ten sefiros and only seven days of the week, but just as Shabbos is Malchus so Erev Shabbos (the sixth day) is undoubtedly Keser. I've known this all along, but today I found an additional proof: in Hebrew, the words "שישי" ("sixth) and "כתר" ("Keser") have the same gematria.

Furthermore, Reb Noson writes in "Likutei Halochos" ("Nedarim 4") that silence is an aspect of Keser. This may be the reason why many pious people engage in taanis dibbur (abstaining from speech) on Erev Shabbos.

I first read this idea about constant ascension in the BRI commentary to "Likutei Moharan", but by now I've been thinking about it so much that it feels really mine. Hopefully this will help me to indeed go from level to level every week, so that every Erev Shabbos I find myself at the top of my current level, in Keser, and then, with the coming of Shabbos, advance to Malchus of the next level.



1 comment:

NaaNaach said...

HH for sure a good reason to be silent, but probably the underlying reason for the custom is because on the first Friday the world was destroyed by lushon hura....
NNNNM