Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Monday, January 2, 2023

TORAHS AND FAIRY TALES

How can you tell if you really know and understand a Torah in "Likutei Moharan"? One way to determine this is to see whether you can explain it in a very simple way. For example, write a fairy tale about it.

I once tried this method, so here is a fairy tale I wrote about Torah 21:

"Once upon a time, there lived Makif and Makif-DeMakif. Whenever Makif wanted to invite Makif DeMakif, he would shout, "A-a-a-a!" And Makif DeMakif always came. Makif also had another friend, whose name was Pnimi. When Pnimi wanted to see Makif, he would light seven candles in his house, and Makif would come right away."

Of course, Torah 21 is long and complicated, and my little fairy tale doesn't really do it justice. But still, I find that the practical advice of this Torah is very clear to me, which is not always the case with the other ones. Maybe I should write more fairy tales...



2 comments:

Hilda said...

Very interesting approach... thank you

Sarah Rochel said...

It's from our Facebook group!