Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Why is this night different? NNNNM!

B"H this year I was blessed to have my own private seder, and afterwards coming back from the mikva to go to shacharis I knew it was right about Aloas Hashachar (dawn), afterwards I looked it up, the official time for dawn was 4:40, my watch then read 4:41 but it is around a minute fast - so I don't know if I made it or not (it could be that the mitzva is till later - like the haggada says about R' Akiva and the sages that they were talking about the exodus until the time for the reciting of the Shema), but I jumped at the opportunity to actually ask someone Mah Nishtana, and that is when the opportunity presented itself, I was passing by a secular teenage boy, so I called out to him, "Na Nach Nachma Nachman MeUman!" and then I said to him "Mah Nishtana Halaila Hazeh Meekul Halailoas?" - Why is this night different than all other nights? - and the kid was really happy to hear me, I didn't catch everything he said, but he ended with an emphatic "Chag Sumaich!" B"H. This kid was my Mah Nishtana this year!

Na Nach Nachma Nachman MeUman!


No comments: