Donate to NNNNM!

Translate

Welcome to Na Nach!

FREEDOM - LIBERTY - EMANCIPATION

Friday, August 11, 2017

Blossoms of the Spring - Letter 6 and 6a

Letter 6

BH 27 Adar 718 (Wednesday 19 March, 1958)

In honor of the delight of my eye and my heart Mr. Zalman Shazar, greetings ("abundant peace").

On the night of Purim I visited his house. And his[1] refined sister received me with joy, and offered me Purim beverages, I drank a lichaim ("to life" -cheers), and I blessed him and his house from the depth of (my) heart. I was pained that I didn't encounter him. For I had bountiful urgent words. Just this was my consolation, that he will return home soon, and I will merit to get together with him with love and with joy…

Hereby, I am sending him some excerpts from the matters that I am working on publishing organized nicely.
With longing, and wishing well-being for him and all those associated with him.

Yisroel Dov Odesser – By Zalman Odesser – Tiberius

I merited to visit Mr. A. Steinman, I enjoyed very much seeing a man with a noble spirit.
He received me with true joy and great friendliness.
The same one as above.


Here in the Hebrew book, there is a photocopy of a short thank you letter:

BH 13 Nissan, the 3rd day of Chol Hamoed Pesach, 718

In honor of Mr. Z. Shazar, the good and the pleasant, abundant peace and salvation

At this time ("hour") I received his (good?) letter with a check attached to the amount of 100 li. (one hundred liras). Amazing wonders, from such wondrous Divine Providence in the aspect of a miracle. And it was very greatly pleasing to me, the affection he showed to me through this.
I express abundant thanks and blessings from the depth of my heart and soul, he is inscribed in my heart from afore, and I don't distract my consciousness of him. My eyes are constantly turned to Hashem (Psalms 25:15) in prayer and supplication for him.
I request his pardon for the delay of my response, because it is just now that I received it.
With wishes of well-being and feelings of respect and eternal love, and with the joy (?) of the holiday
Yisroel Dov Odesser

Please give over hearty wishes of well-being to his sister, the righteous, the wise, G-d fearing, with pure heart, and good intellect, she should live for length of days, pleasant, succulent, and fresh.




[1] Written in the respectful third person.



ספר אב"י הנחל - הוצאת נקודות טובות - מכתב ו:

ב"ה כ"ז אדר תשי"ח
לכבוד מחמד עיני וליבי מר זלמן שזר שלום רב

בליל פורים ביקרתי בביתו. ואחותו העדינה קיבלה אותי בשמחה וכיבדה אותי במשקה פורים, שתיתי לחיים, וברכתי אותו ואת ביתו מלב עמוק. הצטערתי שלא מצאתיו. כי היה לי שפע של דיבורים נחוצים. רק זאת היתה נחמתי שיחזור בקרוב הביתה ואזכה להתראות איתו באהבה ובשמחה...

הריני שולח לו איזה קטעים מהעניינים שאני עוסק להוציא לאור בסדר יפה.

בגעגועים ובדרישת שלום לו ולכל הנלוים אליו.

ישראל דב אדסר - אצל זלמן אודעסר – טבריא

זכיתי לבקר את מר א. שטיינמאן נהניתי מאד לראות איש אציל רוח כזה.

הוא קיבל אותי בשמחה ובהתקרבות גדולה באמת.

מכתב ו:ב
ב"ה י"ז ניסן ג' דחוה"מ פסח תשיח

לכבוד מר ז. שזר הטוב והנעים שלום וישע רב

בזאת השעה קבלתי מכתבו ה"ט בצירוף ציק על סך 100 לי (מאה לירות). נוראות נפלאות. מהשגחה נפלאה כזאת בבחינת נס. והיה לי לנחת גדול מאד. החיבה שהראני בזה.

אביע לו רב תודות וברכות מעמקי לבי ונפשי הוא נרשם בלבי מכבר. ואיני מסיח דעתי ממנו עיני תמיד אל ה" בתפלה ותחנונים עבורו.

יבקש סליחתו על עיכוב תשובתי. כי זה עכשיו קבלתי אותו.

בד"ש וברגשי כבוד ואהבה נצחית ובשמחת החג

ישראל דב אודעסר

נא למסור ד"ש לבבית לאחותו הצדקת החכמנית יראת ה' בזכות לב ושכל טוב שתחי' לאורך ימים נעימים ובריאים ורעננים


No comments: